Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Half Way There

Lee had to go be the library courier today. I went down the hill to finish clearing the first side. There wasn't much left to do, but I wanted it done. Working by myself is less fun, but RJ came along for company. Of course, the first thing he does is run up in the woods to see if there is some form of wildlife to terrorize, but he does come galumphing down the hill if I call him.

So now I am done.




Doesn't it look nice?




Yes, I saw that. You don't have to mention that there are spots I missed or cut too high. Every time I look I see things I missed. Am I going to worry about it and think I should go back and take another look? Of course I am. Obsessing over things I did do or didn't do is one of my best things! But I am going to ignore that insistent voice in my head and move on to the other side.




Because there is a LOT to do there!




And it will take me long enough that it will get hot and steamy here and I will stop doing this work. I DID buy a lottery ticket in the hopes of winning enough money to HIRE this done. Yes, I know what you are thinking. It is stupid to buy lottery tickets. Even my son Travis calls it a tax on the stupid. But it was only a few dollars and I had fun thinking of someone ELSE doing this work next year. My excuse is that it goes to the schools!

No comments:

Post a Comment