Monday, May 21, 2012

Almost Finished Falling

I don't know why I do this to myself.  I make self imposed deadlines and go crazy trying to live up to them.  I wanted to get as much of the quilt top finished before the second and last class so that I could get some help with figuring out how to change the borders.  I decided I wanted the quilt a bit longer so that it would fit on a twin or as a topper on a double bed.  I think it would look great thrown over the back of a couch, too!

                             

So I worked like a crazy woman and got a lot done.  Margo helped me to figure out how to do the  borders and she told me how much to cut and how to put them together.  Naturally I messed up and had to do it a bit differently, but it all worked out.  As long as you don't know what I was supposed to do, you will think it's great!  Don't ask, don't tell, is my motto.

                                  

Then I decided that when Lee goes to work as the substitute courier for the library that I would go and spend the day there.  The idea was that I could visit all my buds and maybe knit for a while and read some shelves or something.  Then I got the WONDERFUL idea that if I finished my quilt top, I could set up tables in the meeting room and convince Doris to help me tape it down so I could pin it for quilting.  This is a laborious process and extra hands and lots of tables make it easier.

                                  

So I had to get everything finished before Friday.  Well, it is Monday and the top is all done except for the binding which I will put on after the quilting gets done.  I hope I can figure out a way to do it with my small and not long-arm sewing machine.  When I do a Queen size quilt, I will be in big trouble.  It is really hard to roll up the fabric and fit it under the arm of a regular sewing machine.  I may need to buy something just for quilting. 

Now I have to do all the things I let slide for the past week.  I have a recipe I want to blog and I want to get started on the garden.  I have to order dog meds and horse shots and get a Father's Day gift for Lee.  More deadlines!  I'll get back to you.






No comments:

Post a Comment