Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dew Brew

I'm not much of a beer drinker.  It's too bitter for me.  My (famous) uncle, Dr. Joseph C. Risser invented a drink he called the Risser cocktail.  It was half beer and half grape juice.  Sounds gross, I know, but it is pretty tasty and healthy for you.  Lot's of people, doctors included,  suggest an alcoholic drink now and again.  In New Zealand you used to be able to get a drink with your meal while in the hospital, with the approval of your doctor.  You might still be able to, I'm just not aware of it.

When we travel to the United Kingdom (although with the Diamond Jubilee, maybe we should say Queendom) I'll order a Shandy in a pub.  This is a beer or ale that is mixed half and half with lemon soda.  The sweet of the lemon (as with the grape juice) cuts the bitter of the beer.  The beer cuts some of the sweet of the fruit juice.  This is considered a drink for women.  That's OK.  I am a woman.

                                       

My current version of a shandy involves Diet Mountain Dew and Bud Light.  I am trying to avoid too many calories, yet I like an adult beverage with my dinner.  It has been hot lately and I want to guzzle a large chilled glass of liquid.  I don't want too many calories and I don't want to drink an excessive amount of alcohol.



I call it Dew Brew.  Try it and tell me if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment