Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Some Cards I Made Today

It's hot, hot, hot.  I know I'm not the only person experiencing this horrible weather and I feel really bad for the farmers.  But right now I feel bad for me.  I can't face going out to do work and I don't want to just knit or read, so I made a few cards.

                             

I cut the card stock in half and folded it to make the blank cards. 

                             

I had an idea to use a window frame stamp and then cut the window to see into the interior of the card.  

                             

I had little signs I used to hold the sentiment.  In this case I used a small "thanks" clear stamp to make sure it was placed properly.

                             

The frame is rather rustic, so I wanted to do some desert plants and rocks and fortunately I had several stamps from which to choose. 

                               



                             




                                         

I tried to make each one a little different. 

                            

                                   

The library got rid of some old craft magazines and I bought them.  They had some good ideas and I used one of them.  The card used different, yet coordinating paper.  The two parts were divided by a ribbon.  I added a few tiny buttons that I liked.

                              

I never have as much paper as I want, but I had enough to find some that went well together.  I also buy 10 for every 2 I use, so I guess it is time to go back to the store!





So while I didn't get anything done, I got a bunch of cards made and didn't feel like a complete slug.  This won't help me lose weight or get into shape. but it kept me from lounging around and knitting all day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I am searching for a window frame stamp - and was led to your blog. I love your frame stamp - could you please tell me where it's from? Thanks.

    Frøydis Risbakken
    froydis.risbakken@broadpark.no

    ReplyDelete