Sunday, July 15, 2012

Strawberry Peanut Salad

                              

We just came back from a trip to Michigan.  When eating out, I try to order salads as much as possible to counteract all the fast food along the way.  I love the salads that you can get with strawberries and pecans.  On this trip I found salads with strawberries and cashews instead of pecans.  I had some strawberries and some peanuts and thought, "Why not?"

Strawberry and Peanut Salad

                        

It just so happened that I had a Dole salad kit.  Romaine salad with something like a raspberry vinaigrette dressing would also be great.

                         

Sliced strawberries ( I like to Sprinkle them with a bit of Splenda)
A handful ( maybe 1/4 cup?) of peanuts

Done.  Oh, yeah.  You gotta toss it all together.

                       

We had this with a Peach Mango Smoothie and it was more than the two of us could eat.  So I picked out the strawberries and most of the peanuts and tossed the last little bit.  Good thing I have a compost pile so that I can let myself throw stuff away.  Or I would be a lot fatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment