Monday, October 15, 2012

Salad with Pear and Goat Cheese

 

I wanted a quick and easy salad, but not the same bag salad kits we have been eating.  Those are great when you can't think of anything, but the pears at the grocery store looked good and I had some goat cheese left over so I put them all together in a salad.

Salad with Pear and Goat Cheese.

Baby Lettuces
Ripe Pear
Goat Cheese
Candied nuts, I used Pecan, but Walnut would be great, too.
Raspberry Vinaigrette

I bought a bag of baby lettuces, but some markets have a bin to pick from.  These do not keep well, so eat them within a few days of purchase.

   

Place the greens in a medium bowl.  Peel and thinly slice the pear. 

Use a fork to shred the goat cheese.  An inch or so of the log is fine.  Add the nuts of your choice and dress lightly with Raspberry Vinaigrette.   You don't want to overpower the salad with the dressing.  Less is better.

 
This is a wonderful and refreshing side salad and I have another pear and enough lettuce left over to make another tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy. I like goat cheese but have trouble keeping it, or maybe I just expect it to last longer than it really does.

    ReplyDelete