Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Sad Weekend



I haven't posted anything for quite some time.  It has been a difficult time here.  Lee got a call from his sister telling him his father was in the hospital and not expected to live.  He flew to Montana to be there.  His father passed away a few days later and then his uncle died about 12 hours after that.  I picture them both at the Pearly Gates, saying, "What are YOU doing here?"

Thee was no warning or notice, so I couldn't go with Lee.  And really, I think he and his sister did a great job of handling everything without my being there.  Plus, it is hard to find cat and dog and horse sitters without any notice.  So I stayed here and painted.  And painted.  I used about 13 gallons of paint.  I only have inside the hall closets and the stairwell to do.  The stairwell will need some sort of scaffolding to reach the top.  Lee can rig something up when I get back.

I have to go to California tomorrow for my mother's 90th birthday.  I am taking her younger sister.  Waaaay younger.  Right, Suzy???  She had a knee replacement last year ( I think she hurt it on a zip-line of all things) and I am traveling with her to make sure she can get around the airports.  And to  make sure she doesn't bring her gun with her.  There are people coming from other parts of the country so I have to go.  Plus, 90!  Quite a milestone and I want to be there.

But it saddens me to leave so soon after Lee gets back.  It was hard on both of us to be apart for this last week and now it is my time to leave.  Thing can only look up from here.

3 comments:

  1. My condolences to your husband. I am sorry for his loss; it is tough on guys to lose their dads. But I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your mom's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our condolences to Lee on the deaths of his dad and uncle. We hope that the bad new stops for awhile. Congrats to your mom on her 90th, my mom celebrated that milestone in Sept 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear such sad news. Hang in there and let us know how your trip went.

    ReplyDelete