Sunday, April 7, 2013

BCHA Tack Sale


   

I went to the Botetourt County Horseman's Association Tack Sale yesterday.  It was held in the VFW Hall.  People came from all over with horse related items or services for sale.  I went to try and market Claire.

   

I had someone offer to buy her on craigslist.  They were going to send a deposit to our PayPal account and then come get her.  Then they couldn't get their PayPal to work and they couldn't get here. So they would send a horse shipper with a trailer and a check.  What?  Buy a horse without even looking at it or riding it?  Nope. Didn't believe them.  Then I checked on the internet and found that people were buying horses with bad checks or picking up cheap and free horses and then taking them to be processed for meat.  I want to sell this horse, but not for steaks!

   

The potential buyer send me phone numbers for references, but she lived a few hours away and I didn't want to take a chance.  Oh, well.

   

So off to the BCHA.  I reserved a table for only $10 and sat there for about 5 hours.  I met a lot of nice people and sent out a lot of cards, but I don't think I will get a sale out of it.  Too bad, because Claire is a great horse and I would have liked to see her go somewhere I could visit a couple times.  Not in a stalkerish kind of way.  Just to see her happy and loved.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for figuring out the horse-buying scam. That makes me so angry. I know Claire eventually will find a good home.

    ReplyDelete