Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bluebirds Of Happiness



Is that from Rowan and Marin's Laugh-In?  Have I just dated myself?

   

A few weeks ago we put up a birdhouse made by Thomas Hearn.  It is supposed to be made just for bluebirds.  I think they need houses with smaller holes to protect themselves from "predator" birds. 

   

This guy was hanging around the "house next door" and looks blue.  He also looks too big to be a bluebird, but maybe he is a chubby one.

   

There is a fun little door with a plastic window to peek inside the bird house and there is a nest!   I thought it might take a year or so for a bird to find this lovely one bedroom "ranch".


   
And now there are three sweet little blue eggs.  I took a bunch of pictures and , believe it or not, this is the best one.  I keep getting a glare from the window.  Maybe I need to try again at another time of day when the sun is going down, but I think I'll just leave them alone.  Don't want them to abandon the nest.  I don't want to become an incubator for birds.

1 comment: