Monday, June 17, 2013

Women Of A Certain Age



It is getting hot here is Virginia.  Hot and muggy.  Luckily, most of the work we are doing is inside.  On the other hand, there are times when it is hot and muggy right where I stand, air conditioning notwithstanding.  I guess that would make me a woman of a "certain age".  That is the term they use when they know you are old, but not how old.  Plus, they know better than to ask.  I am of a certain age.

   

We spend a lot of time at Lowe's.  Recently they put up a display with towels and bandanas for athletes and outside workers.  You wet the towel and it stays 30 degrees cooler than body temperature.  Sounds like the perfect thing for my "issues".  Not just my issues.  Whole bunches of women's issues.

   


It actually works!  I got the towel and it sits around your neck.  It is even a pretty blue and I can pretend it is a scarf.  If necessary, I can tuck the ends in my shirt so they are out of the way.  It doesn't prevent what some people call " a mini tropical vacation" and I call stepping out of a freezing hotel into New Orleans in a summer heat wave, but it keeps me cool enough to keep going.  I can't wait to actually use it as it was intended, outside on a hot day.

1 comment: