Monday, July 1, 2013

Tile Backsplash

  

I'm trying to decide on the tile backsplash.  I wanted to use the glass and travertine mix for the whole thing.  Right up to the bottom of the cabinets.  Until I discovered it was about $35 per square foot.  Let's see, we have about 30 square feet times...where is that calculator.

Holy Smokes!  Over $1000, just for the tile.  Never mind.




  

Okay, so I can use the glass/tile mix for an accent and add some travertine tile and that makes it more reasonable.

  

I really like these tiles, but they are a bit pink.  Real cute though.

We just have to do the tile and get a sideboard to turn into a wet bar and we will be ready to carpet.

One problem.  While checking out the tile we also priced some carpet.  And I thought the backsplash was pricey!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so like when I get really really really old, I'm gonna come live in your basement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some beautiful tiles there. Hard to choose because I'd want this one and that one... oh no, how about this one. I'm glad it's you and not me!

    ReplyDelete