Friday, August 30, 2013

Individual Rosemary Grape Focaccia

I recently wrote about a wonderful Rosemary Grape Focaccia.  But then I wondered if I had to do a big one with all the yeast and then the leftovers that weren't as good as the first day. The Pioneer Woman has some Rosemary Sea Salt rolls that I also made and then I had an idea.  Why not combine the two!

Individual Rosemary Grape Focaccia

Frozen Yeast Dinner Rolls, one per person
Red or black grapes.  I used four for each roll.
Rosemary leaves, chopped
sea salt
Olive Oil

 

Pour some OO in a large bowl and roll the frozen balls of dough in the oil to coat.  Cover and set aside for at least two hours.

 

When they have thawed and doubled in size, place them on an oiled baking sheet and pat them into a circle with your fingertips, leaving little dimples in the dough.  Cover for another 30 minutes or so.



Wash and dry the grapes.  Pull the Rosemary leaves off the stems and chop them into smaller pieces.

 

Preheat the oven to 350°.  You want the tops of the focaccia to be absolutely coated in Olive Oil.  Brush on some more.  Then sprinkle on some sea salt and the Rosemary.  Press the grapes into the dough.

 

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a golden brown.  If they is too light they won't be cooked through.

The grapes will get a bit wrinkly and ooze a bit of juicy goodness into the dough. 

 

This will be my new best thing to serve with pasta, cheese and wine or just a salad.  It has to be better for you than garlic bread, doesn't it?  And I might not even save it for company.  My favorite husband likes it, too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not big on grapes, but that does look pretty darned good!

    ReplyDelete