Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Almost Ready For Binding

 

I have a bunch of light blue set-in triangles in my quilt.  I decided to sew increasingly smaller triangles within the bigger ones to quilt them.  After some trial and error,  I found I could go in one inch from the edge and I could fit in two triangles.

 

I did not go back and fix the ones where I went in 3/4 of an inch and squeezed in three triangles.

If I wake up and it's bothering me, I will take out the stitches and redo them.  If I can sleep through the night, I will let them stand.

 

Then I did some stitch in the ditch for the green border.  This is where you gently pull at a seam and stitch where two fabrics come together.  These stitches are almost invisible in a quilt. 

I have one more wide border to think about what I am going to do.  It is the colorful one next to the green border in the picture above.  With any luck I will decide and get it done tomorrow.

Then I have the binding and I'm DONE.

But I forget how to do the binding and so that will take some time.  Good thing I have a book.  And YouTube.

1 comment:

  1. YouTube always has great tutorials on just about everything. I use it for finding how to's on technical stuff like blogging... LOL

    ReplyDelete