Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Maybe You Shouldn't Come

Our daughter has plans to come home for Thanksgiving.  It is a hardship for her because she is in graduate school and has classes today.  And then she is moving on Saturday.  She lives about 3 1/2 hours away.

 

High School grad photo.  And yes, I was too lazy to take it out of the picture frame.

We really want her to come, but the news about the weather the next two days is pretty daunting.  It is already icing up.

 

We don't want her to drive in horrible weather in the little car we bought her when she was still in high school.

 

Just in case there is a window of good weather, we bought all the food for a big meal.  Even though there will only be the three of us.  And she is a vegetarian.  That's OK.  More turkey leftovers for me.  Gotta have a bunch of sandwiches.

 

Christmas a few years ago.  And yes, I was too lazy to take it out of the picture frame.

So I am hoping for some good weather.  And if not, I am hoping she stays home.

5 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. Our weather is really messing up lots of holiday plans. My dad (85 years old) plans to drive from Blacksburg to Smith Mtn Lake tomorrow for our holiday dinner on Thursday. I'm very worried because we can't go until Thursday and he insists on driving himself.
    I hope your daughter is safe, whichever decision she makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is a problem. My daughter was supposed to arrive Tuesday night but the traffic in New York was so bad she'll stop at a hotel en route and continue on in the morning. I think next year we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving on a different day, like my birthday or her sister's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you would miss her if she can't make the trip, it would be better to be safe than out on the roads in traffic and bad weather. We wish you and Lee a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the weather was such that she could make the trip. She is a beautiful young woman.

    ReplyDelete