Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

Recently I wrote a story about our cat and his propensity to bring me wee gifts from the yard.
http://www.shenandoahgatewayfarm.blogspot.com/2014/02/three-gifts.html   I am not desirous of these lovely gifts.  On the other hand, I know he is doing this from the heart.

But it reminds me of sweet gifts left on the porch by a serial murderer.  I think you know how those movies turn out.

Last night we got a new kind of gift.  Rhett must have figured that we were not fond of his dead furry rodent gifts.  After all we put him in the house and tossed his gifts away.  How ungrateful.

 

But he really and truly loves us.  He is our world's biggest fan.  And if you saw or read Misery, by Stephen King,  you know how that turned out.

 

This time he brought us a snake.  And because we were not impressed with the dead rodents, he brought us a live snake.  But wounded and kind of pissed off.

 

Once again I brought the cat in the house and sent the snake on his way.  Limping, if snakes can limp.

Then last night as I was getting ready for bed, I saw the cat on our bed.  Just looking at me.  I got a little worried.  What if his bloodlust had escalated.

 

I carefully got under the covers, trying not to disturb him.

Rhett climbed on my chest and stared down at me.

 

And I WAS afraid.  Very afraid.

3 comments:

  1. I totally freak at snakes. Didn't realize they were out and about already this year.. ugh...

    ReplyDelete