Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Destroyer Angel by Nevada Barr


 


I haven't read Nevada Barr in some time and I don't know why.  I really like her books.  She writes a mystery series about Anna Pigeon who is a ranger for the US Park Service.  I read them all for quite a few years and then got sidetracked by romances.  I saw her latest book and dived right in. ( Hey!  When did she get married?)  She encounters a lot of bad people in her official role as ranger in many of the National Parks, but this time she meets some kidnappers while on her own time. 

Don't you hate when that happens?

Anna is helping to test some equipment to assist disabled people to enjoy the outdoors.  Her friend Heath is coming along as the official disabled person, accompanied by her daughter.  The inventor and designer of the equipment is the focus of the kidnapping and her daughter goes along for the ride.  Three women, one disabled in a climbing accident and two teenagers against four kidnappers.  Lots of tension and violence.

Anna was out of the camp when the others were taken and spends the next few days following, taking out a few of the four kidnappers and attempting the rescue.  I hate it when the review tells the whole story, so just know that Anna isn't super human in her efforts, everyone has a really bad time and not everyone makes it out alive.  There is even a dog in jeopardy sub plot for you animal lovers.  Or not, if dogs in jeopardy scare you too much.

If you haven't read Nevada Barr in awhile I suggest you take another look.  It was a great read and I couldn't put it down.  I finished it in a day, but I finished nothing else!

No comments:

Post a Comment