Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Different Maple Rum Sauce

My cousin and her daughter (also my cousin) came for a visit.  They are readers of my blog, so they requested the Blueberry Oatmeal Streusel French Toast.  I love it when people request a particular food.  It takes the guess work out of what to serve them.  http://www.shenandoahgatewayfarm.blogspot.com/2014/05/blueberry-oatmeal-streusel-french-toast.html

I wanted to try a different Maple Rum sauce this time.  It was really good and I haven't decided which one I liked better.

Maple Rum Sauce

4 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Maple flavoring
3 Tablespoons Rum

 

Melt the butter in a small sauce pan. 

 

Add the powdered sugar and stir until combined. I had to use a small whisk to completely incorporate the sugar into the butter.

 

Add the maple flavoring and the rum.  (In the interest of full disclosure, I started with 2 Tablespoons rum.  I tasted it and decided in favor of another Tablespoon.  If you want to limit the rummyness (this is a word, right?), stick with 2 Tablespoons rum.)

 


Stir until everything is mixed in and serve warm over the breakfast treat of your choice.  This is also good over any dessert of bread pudding.  I  would be hard pressed to think of a dessert that would NOT be improved by melted butter, sugar and rum

No comments:

Post a Comment