Sunday, October 19, 2014

Black Dog Salvage


 
 
One of the places many of our guests like to visit when in Roanoke is Black Dog Salvage.  I know we went there many times when we moved here and were finishing our house.  Now they have a television show on the DYI Network called Salvage Dawgs.

 

The television show follows the owners as they travel around and salvage architectural items from old buildings to sell in their Roanoke store.  They also buy and sell items from other sources, in case you have a barn full of things of great value.


Unless you are a medical museum, why would you want an iron lung?  Kind of scary to think about that, isn't it???

They also make one-of-a-kind items out of doors and car parts and other things they salvage.  If you are restoring an old home or trying to build a new home that has old architectural elements, this is the place to find what you need.

 

They have old doors, windows, shutters, tin ceilings, columns, down to tile soap holders and light fixtures. 

 

They also have a huge outdoor area with cast iron tubs and iron fencing, among MANY other things.

There is a section of the store with different vendors and it has new and reimagined items.

 

I like to have a few pieces of yard art.  It is fun to see a bit of a sculpture and then get closer and find something cute, hiding in the bushes.

So many garden sculptures are ugly or tacky.  I hope I made the right choices.

I think they are cute, at any rate.

 

What's not to like about a kid hugging a bunny and a wee hedgehog?  Now to find the perfect spot...

4 comments:

  1. Awww, the kid with the bunny.... I am in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your choices! I would love to visit this store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I lean toward the unpainted ones myself. I have an unpainted gnome.

    ReplyDelete