Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee

I've been laid up since Christmas with a cold.  You know I don't feel good when I can't read.  I loafed around and tried to watch daytime TV.  We have a bazillion channels and rarely is there something worth watching during the day.  I was in no mood for a movie.



I have heard about the Jerry Seinfeld show with comedians and was finally bored enough to check it out.  It is called Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee.  Those of you who watched his television show, Seinfeld, remember that the whole premise is a show about nothing.  I can just imagine him pitching this premise. 

"Now I want to do a show about my friends, but this time we match them to a car and go get coffee. "

"And then what?"

"We talk and drink coffee.  And maybe eat something."

"And then what?"

"I take them home."

Unlike network or cable shows, there is no set time limit.  The shows are edited to what they want to show and then it goes on the internet.  Most of the shows are terribly funny and you get a bit of insight to your favorite comedians.  On a couple of them I was unamused, but found the people likeable.  There was one that I found unfunny and unwatchable.  This one was where the comedian was playing a bit in character.  For the whole show.  Or at least all of the show I was able to watch.

I have now watched all the back episodes.  There is no set number from what I can tell.  He does it when he wants to and then doesn't do it anymore. And then you have to wait for the next season.

You should check it out.  Even if you don't have a cold.

On his next season he should pick up the actor for the Acura they are trying to get me to buy.  (And, by the way, I LOVE the product placement in many of the shows.)   He is good enough that I really want to go get one of those cars,  I wonder if he would be funny having a cup of coffee with Mr. Seinfeld.  It's worth a shot.  Or a double shot.  With half and half.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you brought in the New Year with the flu or whatever it is that is going around. I was sick before Christmas with some kind of upper respiratory thing and did very little baking because I don't cook for other people to eat when I am sick. No need to spread germs. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and Lee and hope you are feeling better soon.
    Thankfully, we have not been really laid up which is good as we have a lot to work on these next few months.
    I have spent time catching up on some of your previous posts and the Irish soda bread recipe is in our future dinner plans along with stew cause it's that time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear you're still not better. I've never seen that show, but I have a funny story to tell you about watching tv. Yesterday I was cleaning the drawers in my card catalog - all 60 of them. Somehow, my tv got stuck on. I'd been watching the Rose Bowl Parade on dvr. When I tried to turn off the tv, it went to regular tv and would NOT turn off. Well, regular tv was showing soap operas. I don't know if this is even making sense to you, but I kept trying to turn off the power and it wouldn't go off. I couldn't change the channel or even mute it. AAUUGGGHHH. I finally had to leave the room. About an hour, it "fixed" itself. (I hope I made you laugh and that laughing made you feel better.)

    ReplyDelete