Friday, March 27, 2015

Latest Scarf Project

Tara and I visited a craft shop and discovered some scarves that looked like thick yarn made with a giant crochet hook.   I think they were really made from fleece that was cut in long strips and then crocheted.

I wanted to try it with some thick yarn.  I bought a few different versions and this is the first one I made.  There is no pattern for this.

 

Wait.  Here is the pattern.  Buy some thick yarn and use a giant crochet hook.  Crochet a chain out of the whole skein.

 

Leave just enough yarn to connect the ends.  Form loops with the chain.   Tie the ends around the loops.  That is it.

 

I highly suggest doing this in a cat free room.

 

Why, you ask?  No reason.

 

The yarn package showed a similar scarf using arm crocheting.  But I chose to use the giant crochet hook.

 

What do you think?  I have two more kinds of yarn to experiment with.  I want to do each one a little differently, so I shall see what I come up with.

2 comments:

  1. that's interesting, as I am not a scarf wearer it's not for me, but I can see others wearing it. It would be a project with fast results I am thinking?

    ReplyDelete