Friday, July 3, 2015

A Tisket

I have made several baskets out of scraps from quilts I have made. 

 

I decided to see how a basket from a single type of fabric would turn out.

 

I cut the strips about 1/2 inch.  I followed the instructions from the previous baskets for zig zagging the wrapped clothesline.

 

This time I sewed the top of the basket with a doubled length of fabric from the outside.  That worked better, even though it was harder to see that the fabric was in the right place. 

 

Then I tucked it into a folded edge and hand stitched it on the inside.
 
 

I wrapped a length of clothesline with some more of the fabric, and used a zig zag stitch down the center.  

 

I hand stitched it in place and added a few beads and other embellishments.

 

I like how it turned out and plan on making some more.  Don't know what I will do with them all, but I'm enjoying the process.

2 comments:

  1. Craft show sales, Etsy, or set up a sale area in the B&B?
    Of course, Rebecca, this is assuming you want to continue with this new craft ( which is lovely)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these baskets you are doing.

    ReplyDelete